SPICY AVOCADO SOUP WITH ROASTED GARLIC CROSTINI
My husband made this soup awhile back and I absolutely loved it. He used our Vitamix blender to make it, but today I used our new immersion blender. Either way works and both are super easy. My favorite thing with soup is toasted bread. I decided to make some crostini with sweet roasted garlic for dipping into the soup. So good!
Serves 2 to 4
One whole head of garlic plus three cloves
Crusty bread (I used kalamata olive bread from the local grocery store)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel all four avocados and remove the pits. Place in either a blender or in the pot if you have an immersion blender.
- Mince the three cloves of garlic and one shallot to add to the avocados.
- Add 1 ½ cups of broth.
- Blend all together. Depending on the consistency that you like your soup, you may or may not need to add more broth. I like mine on the thicker side so I was fine with 1 ½ cups.
- Place soup in pot and turn on a low heat. Place the top on the pot.
- Slice the bread that you will use for the crostini, semi thin pieces work best.
- Chop off the top of the garlic head and peel the excess outer layers off, leaving one or two on. Now, when I did this, my garlic head split into pieces, but no worries. Just place the pieces that you have on a cookie sheet along with the bread.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of the bread and the garlic.
- Place in the oven and let it bake for about ten minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to the soup to taste.
- Once it’s hot, put in a bowl.
- Mince the other shallot and sprinkle on top.
- Take the crostini out of the oven when they have a crunchy outer edge. By now the garlic should be soft.
- Spread the roasted garlic onto the crostini, dip in your soup and enjoy!
CLICK THE IMAGES BELOW TO VIEW LARGER